We have two summer beach programs to select from:
1) IMUA Beach Camp is approximately 5 weeks (See practice schedule for exact dates) of beach training with an end of the season competition at the prestigious Monterey Beach Open on August 3-4, 2019. (www.montereybeachopen.com)
2) Expand your college recruiting opportunities with our IMUA Beach Elite team. Our IMUA Beach Elite is advance beach training and will showcase the best of the best sand athletes to represent Team IMUA in all of the scheduled junior beach tournaments in Northern and/or Southern California. This program is not for your average sand athlete, it is designed specifically for experienced sand athletes that are committed, motivated, and desire to pursue a collegiate sand career. Our IMUA Beach Elite teams are going to be our primary focus at every competition with an IMUA beach coach at every competition.
In order to be considered for the Elite team, it is recommended, but not mandatory that the athlete has won a respected junior beach tournament the previous beach season. Our IMUA beach coaches will select our elite beach double teams to compete in all scheduled tournaments.
Are you interested in advancing your mental game, physical skills, and overall volleyball I.Q.? Team IMUA Volleyball will help you with taking your game to another level!
The goal of our beach program is to provide a safe and productive environment that enables volleyball athletes to learn and apply the principles of teamwork, discipline, dedication, and sportsmanship. We facilitate the development of strength and character in every player that participates.
IMUA Beach Volleyball Club offers and excellent avenue in preparing volleyball players for their upcoming indoor fall season.
A study was conducted, during the indoor, and sand volleyball competitions, at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics. Two key findings emerged:
· Indoor players (non-setters) touched the ball, on average, 17 times during the course of
· Beach/sand players touched the ball, on average, 44 times during the course of one set.
The difference of weight and size of the outdoor volleyball combined with the elements of Mother Nature with wind and sun will significantly challenge you to improve your ball control.This difference of 2.5 times more touches (for the sand player) serves as an indicator that ball control mastery, on the beach, is achieved at a quicker pace. It is why playing doubles during the off-season is the single best activity to improve your all around game.
Beach volleyball requires a very different skill level and challenges your fast twitch muscle fibers. A beach athlete will have to be able to move a lot faster, jump and be strong enough to power a spike from the middle of your side of the court. It truly is a sport that requires a very astute level of agility and speed. Our Imua athletes will understand the benefits of beach volleyball training which will aid with the overall volleyball development for the indoor game.
2019 Summer Beach Club Season at a Glance:
Our Imua Beach Club will be providing (2) beach junior programs this summer. We will be offering an IMUA Beach Elite and IMUA Beach Club Camp program.
Imua Beach Elite Club: Tryouts are set for Wednesday May 22 and Friday May 24, 2019 from 5-8pm. Immediately after tryouts our coaches will setup working groups to train. Coaches will establish teams according to what we feel it is best to represent IMUA Elite in Hermosa for the AAU Girls Junior National Championships and/ or BVCA Championships, and Monterey Beach Open. We are open to any suggestions. Please contact Coach Garrett or Jason Companion prior to our elite season to make any necessary adjustments in advance. Complete tuition is due on May 29 so that all tournament fees are paid asap.
Our IMUA Beach Elite tuition is listed below:
Current IMUA Indoor Athlete (Includes ONLY two beach events):
1) $1100 (Tuition Includes practices, Team IMUA Spandex and Beach Tank top, coaches salary, coaches accommodations in Hermosa Beach, Monterey Beach Open tournament fee, and AAU Beach Junior National Championships fee and BVCA Beach Championships fee).
2) $900 (Tuition Includes practices, Team IMUA Spandex and Beach Tank top, coaches salary, Coaches accommodations in Hermosa Beach, Monterey Beach Open tournament fee, and AAU Beach Junior National Championships fee or BVCA Beach Championships turnament fee).
Non IMUA Indoor Athlete (Includes all three beach events):
1) $1300 (Tuition Includes practices, Team IMUA Spandex and Beach Tank top, coaches salary, coaches accommodations in Hermosa Beach, Monterey Beach Open tournament fee, and AAU Beach Junior National Championships fee, and BVCA Beach Championships fee).
2) $1100 (Tuition Includes practices, Team IMUA Spandex and Beach Tank Top, coaches salary, Coaches accommodations in Hermosa Beach, Monterey Beach Open tournament fee, AAU Beach Junior National Championships fee, and BVCA Beach Championships tournament fee).
1) AAU Girls' Junior National Beach Volleyball Championships- Website link
2) BVCA National Championships- Website Link
3) Monterey Beach Open Championships- Website Link
Please call Jason Companion at (831) 238-2362 or Coach Garrett for more information at (831) 251-1363.
IMUA Beach Camp: Projected tentative date is June 17 through Aug 1, 2019. This is a month of beach training to prepare for our Monterey Beach Open tournament in Monterey
Non IMUA Indoor Athlete:
1) $700 (Tuition Includes practices, Team IMUA Beach Tank Top, coaches salary, and Monterey Beach Open tournament fee).
Current IMUA Indoor Athlete:
1) $600 (Tuition Includes practices, Team IMUA Beach Tank Top, coaches salary, and Monterey Beach Open tournament fee).
Practice Location- Monterey Beach Park Sand Courts, Monterey (North End Sand Courts #3 and #4)
861 Del Monte Avenue, Monterey
Email Coach Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Complete registration and waiver form and mail payment with check or money order to reserve your spot at:
IMUA Volleyball Club
Attn: Jason Companion 266-F Reservation Road #505
Marina, CA 93933
IMUA Beach Camp: Total payment due on the first day of practice on Tuesday, June 17, 2019.
VERY IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
IMUA Beach Camp tuition will ONLY include training/ practices and registration for the 2019 Monterey Beach open tournament. It will be each team's responsibility to register for all other NCVA and CBVA junior beach events in Santa Cruz. Don't miss the opportunity, so it is important that you register now at the website links below!
California Beach Volleyball Association: Monterey and Santa Cruz tournaments are filling up quickly: CBVA website link: www.cbva.com
Northern California Beach: NCVA website link: www.ncva.com
Precision Sand Volleyball Tournaments: www.precisionsandvolleyball.com
Mailing Address: 266-F Reservation Road, #505 Marina, CA 93933
Contact Number: (831) 238-2362
Copyright © 2008 IMUA VOLLEYBALL CLUB - All Rights Reserved.
The following are trademarks and service marks of IMUA VBC may be used only with permission of IMUA Volleyball Club, or the relevant IMUA Volleyball Club entity: IMUA Volleyball Club, All Team IMUA Affiliated Tournaments, Leagues, and the names, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, are slogans designating the IMUA Volleyball Club entities, and their respective events, and exhibitions.
Powered by IMUA